- San Lorenzo Golf Club
- Golf Course
- Golf Facilities
- Golf Rates
- Offers & Packages
- Media Gallery
- Dona Filipa Hotel
- Book Online
- News & Press
- News & Events
- Image Attribution
Albano Rodrigues - San Lorenzo PGA Golf Professional
San Lorenzo Golf Course
Born in Quarteira, Albano Rodrigues' passion for golf arose at the tender age of 16, when he started as Peter McGuiness' (Golf Professional) Assistant, in Vale do Lobo. He speaks fluent English and French; and can carry a golf conversation in both German and Italian.
In December of 1978, he took the Golf Professional examination, being judged by Dick Greenway, Sid Collins and Rey Cox, Albano Rodrigues passed his exam with distinction! Before dedicating himself to teaching golf, Albano Rodrigues participated in a few Portugal Opens.
Asking Albano Rodrigues his opinion on his pupils and the notion of having taught numerous celebrities the game of golf, he cheerfully states:
"I convey the same passion to all my pupils, yes, it's true - I have taught quite a few international celebrities in my time, but I'd rather not name them. Personally, I consider all my pupils a celebrity!" He steadily defends that, to be a good golfer - "golf must become a passion first, then you must like learning and be prepared to train a lot!"
San Lorenzo Golf Professional for nineteen years
Albano Rodrigues has been a Golf Professional at San Lorenzo Golf Course for nineteen years, and has seen complete families play at San Lorenzo: the parents, their children and now, their grand-children…
"This most definitely portrays the type of golf course San Lorenzo is, and how golfers can really become faithful and dedicated to one course."
- San Lorenzo Ranked in the Top 30 European Courses
- San Lorenzo Golf Course Awarded TripAdvisor 2015 Certificate of Excellence
- San Lorenzo Awarded Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence
- Golf World Magazine Names San Lorenzo as One of the Best Courses in the World
- Work Underway on Hole 15 of San Lorenzo
- San Lorenzo Refurbishment
- San Lorenzo Rides High in Today's Golfer Travel Awards
- Hole in One at San Lorenzo
- San Lorenzo Voted One of the Best Courses in Europe
- Ria Formosa Voted one of the 7 Natural Wonders of Portugal
- Dona Filipa Hotel – Nominated for 2 Prestigious World Awards
- From the Algarve with Love
- JJW Hotels & Resorts relaunch Dona Filipa & San Lorenzo Golf Resort