- San Lorenzo Golf Club
- Golf Course
- Golf Facilities
- Golf Rates
- Offers & Packages
- Media Gallery
- Dona Filipa Hotel
- Book Online
- News & Events
Golf World Magazine Names San Lorenzo as One of the Best Courses in the World
October 17th, 2013
Golf World Magazine Names San Lorenzo in Top 100 Courses
San Lorenzo has recently been recognised as one the world's Top 100 courses by Golf World magazine. The publication scoured the world for the highest calibre courses and has in its list five from the Algarve. The Portuguese region has long been known as a golfing destination, and was recently named 'best value golfing destination in Europe' by Today's Golfer.
The magazine's top 100 placed San Lorenzo as the 24th best in the world, and paid particular attention to its challenging golf and attractive setting amongst the stunning natural beauty of the Ria Formosa nature reserve. Running between the Atlantic and the devastatingly beautiful Ria Formosa nature reserve, San Lorenzo offers golfers the best of both worlds... and Golf World Magazine recognises that this is what golfers all across Europe want from their courses.
A Lasting Legacy from two of the Best Golf Architects in the World
Designed by leading golf architects
Joseph Lee and Rocky Roquemore, San Lorenzo was opened in 1988 and
has been winning hearts and plaudits ever since. Laid out in a
vibrant figure of eight, the course contains 18 memorable holes,
which have sparked many a debate as to which is the finest. Some
say it is the 5th, which looks across to the sandy beaches of the
Atlantic; some the 7th, where the green is almost entirely
surrounded by water; and for many, it's the 18th, a
world-recognised finale where breathtaking water views make for a
very challenging shot.
There is of course no right answer... only exceptionally beautiful and challenging golf, every day of the year.
This is the latest in a long line of awards and accolades for the course... and visitors to this Algarve golfing hotspot can rest assured that they will be treated to some of the finest golf of their lives.
- San Lorenzo Golf Course Awarded TripAdvisor 2015 Certificate of Excellence
- San Lorenzo Awarded Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence
- Golf World Magazine Names San Lorenzo as One of the Best Courses in the World
- Work Underway on Hole 15 of San Lorenzo
- San Lorenzo Refurbishment
- San Lorenzo Rides High in Today's Golfer Travel Awards
- Hole in One at San Lorenzo
- San Lorenzo Voted One of the Best Courses in Europe
- Ria Formosa Voted one of the 7 Natural Wonders of Portugal
- Dona Filipa Hotel – Nominated for 2 Prestigious World Awards
- From the Algarve with Love
- JJW Hotels & Resorts relaunch Dona Filipa & San Lorenzo Golf Resort