- San Lorenzo Golf Club
- Golf Course
- Golf Facilities
- Golf Rates
- Offers & Packages
- Media Gallery
- Dona Filipa Hotel
- Book Online
- News & Events
Hole in One at San Lorenzo
October 28th, 2011
Hitting a Hole in One at San Lorenzo
Congratulations to Mr. Dennis Shawcross
Occasionally in a golfer's life, a combination of luck, skill, perfect conditions... and a perfectly struck gold stroke all come together to pull off the golfing holy grail. A hole in one.
For San Lorenzo - and Dona Filipa Hotel - regular, Dennis Shawcross, such an achievement is to be savoured for a very long time to come:
"My wife told just about everyone about it." Grins Dennis as he recalls the shot he took at the end of August 2011, "the sixteenth is a very hard hole... and the wind was of assistance that day."
Wind assisted or not... it takes something very special to hit a hole in one on any part of the San Lorenzo course, least of all on the famously tough sixteenth.
"My wife and I have been coming to Dona Filipa for over 20 years," he continues, "we have seen the staff go from juniors to senior management... everyone helps to make our holiday enjoyable every time we come; from reception through to the restaurant and bar and at San Lorenzo golf Course. Paul the starter at San Lorenzo keeps everyone in order in the nicest possible way and to get a hole in one has just put the icing on the cake!"
Dennis and his wife are planning to return to play San Lorenzo in the near future...
We're not sure he'll be able to match his extreme feat of a hole in one any time soon; but like all of our treasured guests at Dona Filipa & San Lorenzo Golf Course - we can't wait to see them again.
They're what makes this place so special.
- San Lorenzo Awarded Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence
- Golf World Magazine Names San Lorenzo as One of the Best Courses in the World
- Work Underway on Hole 15 of San Lorenzo
- San Lorenzo Refurbishment
- San Lorenzo Rides High in Today's Golfer Travel Awards
- Hole in One at San Lorenzo
- San Lorenzo Voted One of the Best Courses in Europe
- Ria Formosa Voted one of the 7 Natural Wonders of Portugal
- Dona Filipa Hotel – Nominated for 2 Prestigious World Awards
- From the Algarve with Love
- JJW Hotels & Resorts relaunch Dona Filipa & San Lorenzo Golf Resort